1. Sellers and Vendors get the same level of support on AMS
2. As a seller, you only get access to Sponsored Product Ads.
3. As a vendor, you get access to all 3 types of placements on AMS: Headline Search Ads, Sponsored Product Ads, and Product Display Ads.
4. As a vendor, during the first 60 days of activity on AMS, you get no support from Amazon?
After 60 days of activity on AMS, vendors also get support from a newly created Amazon Engagement team. During the first 60 days, you should still have an AMS and AMG contact. The new Engagement team was created in 2017 and can offer you a better support with your activities.
5. Any seller can become a vendor if they wish?
Only some sellers are asked by Amazon if they wish to become vendors. You would need to sign a new contract with them, but there are some advantages that you can get if you decide to go for it and become a vendor. “If your company does not have a Vendor Central account yet, you can request your Amazon buyer to send you an invitation. Registration on Vendor Central requires an invitation from Amazon.”
6. What are the 3 marketing groups inside Amazon?
There are 2 different marketing groups inside Amazon (to be precise, there are 3 of them, but AMS and AMG, even if different, they are part of the same group): Retail Marketing, AMG, and AMS.